We've all heard the adage, "If momma's not happy, nobody's happy," and chances are it's proved true in your household at one time or another. So, in celebration of Mother's Day this coming Sunday, we wanted to know how to help mom be happy and how to keep mom happy (year round!).
IN-STUDIO GUESTS: Joining KTD Host Shana Sheehy in the studio are two guests.
• Peggy O'Mara is the Editor/Publisher of Mothering Magazine, she takes a look at how motherhood and happiness are linked and how mom's mood affects the family.
• Sharon Fleck is a local therapist, she talks postpartum depression and other perinatal mood disorders affecting mothers' happiness.
- Single Moms by Choice - A recent Pew Research Center poll about alternative family structures in the US found that 7 out of 10 Americans thought that women raising children solo was "harmful to society". KTD Producer Sarah Gonzales speaks with Jane Mattes, author and founder of Single Mothers By Choice, who responds to these results and explains why having the choice is so important to women who have the mothering desire, but not the partner. [Full story]
- Chef KTD: Mother's Day Breakfast - Dads, this one's for you: Our own Chef KTD, Liz Madsen, returns with a recipe for the perfect Mom's day breakfast in bed. She and her son, Aiden, show contributor Jessica Cochran and her two kids how to prepare strawberry cream cheese stuffed french toast. Yum! [Story + recipe + pix]
- What Makes Mom Happy - Fourth graders at Chester Valley Elementary say they think makes their moms happy. And then hear it from the number one expert source: moms share what makes them them happiest.