With all the great school choices available to families in the Anchorage area it can be a daunting task knowing which one is right for your children. We attempted to make the process of choosing a school a little easier by inviting three knowledgeable guest panelists to share information and answer questions.
GUEST PANELISTS: Speaking with KTD Host Shana Sheehy in front of a live audience are three guests.
• Linda Carlson from the Anchorage School District
• Missy DeRivera of Chugach Homeschool
• Sandee Hough of the Alaska Association of Independent Schools.
- How charter schools affect the neighborhood - Where your kid goes to school affects more than just their education - it affects who their friends are and, where you find community. KTD Contributor Jessica Cochran looked at some of the by-products of a rich school choice environment. [Full story]
- Talk Back: the Go-to-Work Mom's POV - After last week's show on Dads These Days aired, listeners wrote in to tell us what they thought about the modern roles of fathers. One local mother shared her perspective on being the Go-to-Work Mom - that other half of the Stay-at-Home Dad trend we explored - so we called her for the mom's POV. Her thoughts top the hour on this show. [Full story]