OUR RESIDENT PEDIATRICIAN, "Dr. KTD" Michelle Laufer, M.D. addresses listeners' questions on a wide variety of topics - from bed bugs and cycling safety to mental health and medicine taking.
In these short (2-4 minute) episodes. Dr. KTD speaks directly to caregivers like you, offering practical advice on the health issues commonly faced by families. You will definitely learn something new!
- Pediatric Mental Health - how to find a mental health care provider for your child.
- Bed Bugs - kicking those little buggers out of the sheets.
- Nightmares - helping kids cope with nightmares and night terrors.
- Test Anxiety - dealing with pre-exam jitters.
- Taking Medication - Dr. KTD helps the medicine go down.
- *Bike Safety - from training wheels on up, staying safe while cycling.
- *Upper Respitory Infections - chicken soup to cold meds, what works and what doesn't.
- *Vitamin D - what it does, how much we need and how to get it in your kids. (But always wear sunscreen!)
- *Well Child Visits - why these doctor visits are important for infants through teens.
- *Sun Screen - most lasting sun damage is done when we're under 18 years old - UVA, UVB and how to stay shielded.
- *Cold Weather Asthma - how chilly temps can make asthma feel worse and what to do about it.
- On the Go First Aid - what to pack for all those active Alaskan family outings.
(*Never before aired, web-exclusive!)
Dr. Michelle Laufer is an American Board of Pediatrics-certified physician who practices in Anchorage. She is the author of Anchorage With Kids: Family Fun in the Snow or Sun. Dr. Laufter is mother to three children.